Friday, April 1, 2011

Because Communication is Thiiiiis Important

I think we've all heard time and time again how important communication is, but not until recently have I been reminded of that. Communication is a vital lifeline in a M/s relationship and any related family. I'm not just talking about day to day chatting. While that is beneficial in it's own way in strengthening bonds, the deeper communication is what glues everything together.

Master has said many times, your Dom cannot read your mind. This is why we have time to discuss concerns. This is why daily journals are required (in my family at least.) Issues and problems cause tension. Tension causes discontent. Discontent can eat away at a realtionship.
Communication is also good for your own health. I can't even count the number of times I've held back with a problem, and chewed it over in my head. The relief i felt when I finally wrote out the problem in my journal and handed it in for the night is overwhelming. As is the relief I feel when I'm able to calmly discuss the problem with Master afterwards.

Not communicating never pays off. Ever. The feeling of no longer having a worry weighing on your chest is reward in itself.

Posted with the permission of Master Darius

3 comments:

  1. Excellent my little editor! Youre a very good girl and Im very proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here here! Nicely written as always Jessa, thank you.

    ReplyDelete