Commitment is a very ambiguous word. To some it can be purely physical, as in a ring or a contract. To others, there are deeper meanings and a physical pull that can drive one or both to do anything for their relationship. Really, it's a whole spectrum of commitment.
For me, my commitment is worn in my collar and held in my heart. I would definitely describe it as a driving force. I feel it in the butterflies in my stomach. In the pleasure I get when Master leashes me, when I kneel at His feet and smile up at Him. I feel it in His praise for a job well done. How did I fall into such a content place of commitment? And why do I feel so much need to prove it?
I guess that my need to prove it goes hand-in-hand with my need to serve my Master. Does our relationship as Master/slave automatically default us to a certain type of commitment to each other? Observing other M/s pairs I'd have to say no. Not all relationships or people or arrangements are the same. What works for one doesn't necessarily work for another. Every person has obstacles unique to themselves as does their partner. Like commitment-phobes in the vanilla world, here too are those who can't promise themselves to a deeper level.
And like almost everything in this lifestyle, I think trust plays a huge role in your ability to commit. As my trust grew in my Master, so did the depth of my commitment. I'm grateful for His protection and guidance. He is committed to keeping His girls safe and focused. And I in turn, am committed to doing whatever it takes to make sure He is happy and pleased, and our family flourishing. Not that I could ever see Him doing so, but if Master said, "jessa, sit in a corner alone and count every "e" in this newspaper article," I would do it without hesitation. Because He is committed to His girls and would only ask me to do something that He thought necessary or beneficial.
I feel lucky to have the freedom and the trust to be able to give myself so entirely to Him. I see myself looking for new ways to prove my commitment to Him because it's part of my need to serve. But I know that simply obeying Him is the perfect way to show Him how deeply He has me.
Posted with the permission of Master Darius
Smiles, commitment is indeed a wonderful thing Jessa. Well written
ReplyDelete