Wednesday, January 11, 2012

To be a slave

 Something happened to me that really made me think and I thought I'll share it with everyone.  What makes a slave a slave?  Is it giving up everything we are to obey our Masters or Mistresses?  Is being a slave having no limits and doing as ordered no questions asked?  Is being a slave kneeling on the ground and waiting to see what is expected of us?  Like a friend said once a slave is a slave even if he or she has no Master.  Being a slave is more than a title or how we act its our very nature how we feel in our hearts.  Its who we are and what we want to be a choice we make with all our soul.  Its not an easy choice so when someone says your aren't a slave its painful, but remember its an opinion and you know who you are don't worry about being judged by others. The only opinion that matters is your Master and yours and if you are unowned then its what you think that counts.  If a slave has rights or not it doesn't change the fact that she or he is a slave.  Because if one slave serves in a different way than another doesn't make her less of one. A slave serves her Master or Mistress making their life easier and in turn we are cared for and looked after.  Even if you don't have a Master or Mistress it doesn't change who you are because its more than serving its a feeling you have deep within your heart.  I was rather surprised by what I've heard and I had to do some soul searching because yes I am a slave its what my heart tells me I am and nothing will ever change that and I'm sure my fellow slaves feel the same way.

10 comments:

  1. Very well written and insightful Spirit, thank you for sharing with us

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gypsy (gypsypanther.writer): I read this post and started to cry...i just lost my Master and have been a bit lost but reading this made me see myself for who and what i am...thank you Spirit for seeing into a slaves heart.

    Posted for Gypsy by Nadeen

    ReplyDelete
  3. well said Spirit, a true jewel to Beowulf you are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. spirit I'd like to thank you for what you've written. In a lifestyle that's judged as we are, you'd think we wouldn't judge each other. But there are some who still do. And harshly. Being a slave has nothing to do with how you serve. It comes from your heart. It comes from deep inside. That need to serve and to please with all that you are. And that takes great strength. Thank you for reminding me of this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well said! Thank you for a much appreciated reminder of what i've known and forgotten i know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I truelly love this post spirit. I had to do some recent soul searching myself and for the longest time before I came to Dominus I didnt think I was a slave but I know I am. I tried living a different life for a little bit but I was uncomfertable in my own skin. To me being a slave is a honor. I know that I am who I am for a reason. Thank you spirit for letting me know that I am not the only one out there that has had my doubt about who I am.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very well said spirit! Having been a sub for many years i have been asked a number of time what the difference is and you are so right it is what is deep within the heart that makes one a slave. It burns deep within each of us if we have a Master or not. It is not what we choose to be but who we are deep down in our souls. Thank you for writing this i am sure your Master is so very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think we all ask ourselves that question at different points in our journeys.. and like sis said (tricia smexy ;) Being a slave is NOT a choice we make it is who we are, we just REALISE it at some point...

    Our submission is not a gift someone GIVES to US.. it is a gift we offer to someone we feel is worthy of such a special part of ourselves... So when you arent in a relationship.. you are no less a slave... you are simply taking the time to take care of that gift.. make sure it is shiny and bright, mended if need be, and ensure you own all of the gift again in order to offer it to someone who deserves it.

    So it is always a part of who you are.. noone can take that from you... When you give it freely.. it should be something cherished as just that.. a perfect gift. Thank you for sharing your thoughts Spirit.. It made me think too.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such wise wonderful words especially for someone like myself who has been fighting her inner slave for quite sometime. My world was in discord, I was so confused and unfulfilled. It was only when I accepted who I was when the clouds opened and I could fly. Such great thoughts from all of you.

    ReplyDelete