"I just want you to be happy" or "what are you looking for?"
As a slave, I've heard these words often. My answer is a laundry list of fetishes and desires, but this is a half truth at best. I tell you these things because it's what you want to hear. And we, as slaves, are taught and trained to give you what you want to the best that we can. The truth is much simpler, and vastly more complex.
The truth is what makes me happy is pleasing my Owner, to be of use, to serve. But what does that really mean? Does it mean I want to be a doll for your sexual release? Or is it something more?
For me, it's a lot more. Deep in my heart is a desire to see your needs taken care of, to see a smile on your face for a job well done. My happiness depends on yours. If you are disappointed, I am devastated. It doesn't matter if the task is pleasing you in bed, or getting the dishes done right. It's not the task. It never was. It's that I was given a task in the first place. that's my service. that's what makes me happy.
There are other things of course. learning to do things well, Making you proud of me. Displaying your training to others. but when you stop and think about it, it's still just another task. yes, even the ones in bed.
I may grumble and groan (privately) about a task or a homework assignment, or even about the rules I have to follow. But secretly, I want these rules, and tasks. I need them. Almost, as much as breathing. They help define the inner 'me'.
This is not a plea for you to load me down with so many assignments that I cannot move under the load, or that means I don't have anytime for myself. While the number of tasks I have to complete is important, so is the quality of those tasks.
If I get an assignment to write the same sentence 100 times, I feel like I'm back in grade school and being punished. (reference my last essay) But an essay that involves thought and planning to write, now you are complimenting my intelligence. So I would say to you Dom/mes out there, What you want your slave to think and feel when you hand out a task.
And at the same time, give me enough to do that I feel like you care and need me, but not so much that i feel stifled and choked. It is a delicate balance. It's a personal balance as well. What works for one slave may not be enough for another or way to much for a third.
In Summary, Everything you have me do is a task of one sort or another. I need them to feel wanted/needed/safe. Doing them well makes me happy because it makes you happy in me.
What a beautiful expression of service in action Cassie and the balance that helps each slave feel they are needed, wanted and pleasing. Thank you for writing this!!
ReplyDeleteIt is so wonderful to hear how happy being who you are makes you in your service as a slave.
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing so eloquently from the heart. You state so beautifully what we as slaves seek in our path of service.
ReplyDeleteWell said. I've added your blog to the links page as well.
ReplyDelete